calmdownmind.com - Posted on November 12, 2011 by Sen.
The intensity of sexual energy cannot be matched with any emotion known to humans. The force instigated by sexual energy can override even the most intense fears in a human; there is enough evidence to suggest that humans can undertake some extremely risky behaviors under the influence of this energy, which they would not dream of doing if they were not taken up by it. No other force has the power to inject the amount of courage, fearlessness, imagination, impetus, motivation and creativity that the force of sexual energy has. This is one reason why sex is the most sought after activity by humans and why sex is the major topic of discussion in all spiritual and religious literature. But if sex, or sexual activities, is the only means into which you channel your sexual energy, you are losing out on realizing the full potential of this energy in you. In fact, over indulgence in sexual activities is usually a lopsided behavior found in humans who fail to develop the conscious channeling of this energy into their creative expression, personal power and well-being.
Containing the sexual energy
You should be able to contain the sexual energy before you are able to channel it. It’s like containing the water behind a dam so that it can be channeled into more useful pursuits; in the absence of a dam, that contains this water, the water just flows chaotically serving no useful purpose. A stability in required in your being before you can contain this strong energy in your space. This stability is arrived at as you allow yourself to rest in the space of awareness, without being taken in by the constant flux of the mind activities – it’s like being rooted in the depth of an ocean so that you are not affected so much by the waves on the surfaces. Once you’ve developed this stability in your being, it’s easy to contain even the strongest surges of sexual energy without being taken in by it completely.
The most normal human reaction to a surge of sexual energy in them is to immediately expend it via some sexual activity, one reason for this behavior is that you find it difficult to contain such a huge surge of energy and find it a relief to expel it through the release of a sexual activity. This behavior is an indication that you are quite helpless, and powerless, in front of this energy which seems to “drive” you rather than you channeling it the way you want. Also, a lot of people try to suppress the sexual energy in them (especially people who have misplaced spiritual beliefs) out of guilt, or fear, which ends up creating resistances to the natural flow of life energy in them – this is another extreme of being powerless to your sexuality because now you fear it.
A lot of men, and women, have committed sexual acts in the impulse of the moment, under the influence of the strong sex drive within them, which they later regret, sometimes even for a lifetime. Some terrible violent acts of force have been perpetrated by humans who got unconsciously pulled into the strong force of their sex drive which blocked the allowance of a wisdom in their actions. To be at the mercy of the pull of sexual energy is like being a prisoner who has no conscious freedom but acts under the whims and fancies of his/her sex drive.
When there is no depth in your being (no depth in awareness) it’s very difficult to contain the sexual energy that seems to take over the entire physicality. Someone who is totally identified with the mind would almost be in a “daze”, or semi-consciousness, dragged into indulging in sexual activities, as if in a “stupor” or drugged state. A lot of people realize how helpless they feel against the pull of their sex drive. Enjoying sexual activities is a celebration of physicality and one should have no hang ups about it, but when you become a prisoner to your sex drive there is no longer a space of “wisdom” available in your actions, leading to over-indulgence, unwise acts, restless movements, violent outbursts and weak/non-magnetic personality. You would need to be authentic/honest within yourself to recognize if you are a prisoner to your sex drive or if you are stable enough in your being to be able to contain this sexual energy without it playing the master.
Channeling your sexual energy into creativity
The act of sex is the precursor to the creation of a new physical form – this is just an example of the creative potential of sexual energy in a physical being. If you’ve never consciously experience the “texture” of this energy in you, just allow yourself to stay in a space of awareness the next time there is a surge of sexual energy in the body – just stay with it without being dragged into the mind’s immediate need to expel it through the release of a sexual activity. For a moment, just feel the energy as it courses through your body, feel the pulsating strength of it. When you are able to stay in the awareness of this energy, you are basically able to contain it in your being without being dragged around by it. You will notice that this energy has the capacity to provide a sense of power within you, a sense of strength and vitality, a sense of courage, a raw sense of invincibility and “heroism” – no other energy known to humans has the ability to instill such a sense of power.
It’s important to understand, firstly, that it’s not “required” that you release this energy through a sexual activity. Most people unconsciously believe that they must find an outlet to their sexual energy through a sexual activity, hence they either suppress this energy in them (due to some orthodox beliefs) or try to release it as quickly as it emerges. But in truth, a completely different dynamic plays out in your physical expression when you don’t release this energy through sexual activity and simply contain it, allowing it to course through your space. It develops an energy of “magnetism” in your being – a charisma. When you don’t release this energy through a sexual activity, it will automatically channel into another creative outlet, I’ve listed some of them below.
- – Sexual energy has immense healing powers and has the capacity to revitalize the organs in the body. The therapeutic powers of sexual energy are well documented in many spiritual literature. When you contain this energy in your body, it automatically moves into bringing a healing to diseases present in the body.
- – Containing sexual energy creates a sense of vitality and well-being in the mind, cutting through thoughts of depression, powerlessness or inferiority. It can create a spark of genius in your thoughts.
- – People who study auras would tell you that sexual energy creates a very powerful positive aura in your physical being, which can be sensed by people around you as a “magnetic” quality in your personality. Napoleon Hill, in his book “Think and Grow Rich” had mentioned that all the influential people that he’d interviewed were ones who had strong sexual natures in them but were also conscious enough to channel this energy into their being.
- – Any thought that’s held in the powerful presence of this sexual energy seems to attract more strongly than in the presence of any other emotion.
- – When you don’t expend sexual energy through a physical release, it seems to channel into creative actions automatically – getting things done which you might not have had the energy to do previously.
- – The force of this sexual energy has the power to burn through resistances within you (that arise from fears or phobias in the mind) – it’s like being under the influence of a powerful drug while also being conscious in its wake.
- – People who develop the stability in their being, to be able to contain the surge of sexual energy in them, have a magnetism in their being that attracts the opposite sex. A lot of charismatic people are usually the ones who are conscious enough to channel their sexual energy into personal magnetism.
As the light of awareness starts deepening in you, it will naturally touch upon the aspect of your sexuality. Any hang ups you have about your sexuality will be brought to this light and be dissolved in its wisdom, and this will allow a “free movement” of sexual energy in you – which can be way more powerful than when it was moving through resistances. This free movement of sexual energy can become chaotic if not contained through the same power of awareness.
So basically once you remove the resistances within you to your sexuality, by allowing these resistance to be touched by the light of awareness, you will move to the next level of a conscious channeling of this sexual energy into creative expressions, and personal power, by containing it – this allows for a holistic experience which attracts well-being and abundance into your reality. You can also enjoy the experiences of sexual activity in a more conscious/passionate/intense manner when you develop this stability in your being.